Mother's Day is just two weeks away. And while every day is a great day to honor and celebrate the wonderful women in our lives, let us help make May 14th just a little more special for the ones who have raised us, loved us unconditionally, and always cheered us on. A thoughtful gift doesn't always require a splurge, and our 20 stylish suggestions include presents that will make everyone on your list — from your mother, grandmother, stepmother, daughter, daughter in love, sister, aunt, friend, mentor, or new mom who's just welcomed a little one into the world — feel loved and adored on any random day, but especially this Mother's Day!
1. Natural Oyster Shell and Coral Mounted on 19th Century Italian Giltwood Urn Fragment 2. Set of Six Vintage Longchamp White Majolica Oyster Plates with Master Server Dish or Platter 3. Pair of Vintage Silver Metal Italian 3-Light Sconces with Half-Shades 4. Clam Shell and Cup Coral with Seashells Mounted on 19th Century Italian Giltwood Fragment Base 5. Birdnest Coral with Seashells Mounted on 19th Century Italian Giltwood Urn Fragment Base 6. Vintage Hand Blown Green Glass Soda Syphon Seltzer Bottles 7. 19th Century French Louis XVI Style Giltwood Corner Chair with Original Needlepoint Seat 8. Early 20th Century Antique French Grape Hod or Gathering Basket 9. Vintage 20th Century Four-Light Pink and Blue Murano Glass Chandelier 10. 19th Century French Louis XVI Style Painted Three-Drawer Commode 11. Aux Anysetiers du Roy Herbes de Provence in Stone Crock. 12. Nina's Paris L'Original Marie Antoinette Loose Leaf Tea Tin, 3.5oz 13. Famille Perronneau Provence Honey, 4.4oz 14. Rare 19th Century French Pot de Confit or Confit Pot with Dark Green Glaze and Handles 15. Collection of 9 Early 20th Century Italian Herbiers from Florence, Italy Set in Large 9 Paned White Window Frame 16. Large 19th Century Spanish Terracotta Olive Jar with Green Glaze and Handles 17. 19th Century Italian Rococo Style Painted and Parcel Gilt Console Table 18. Les Macarons de Paris Tea Towel by Torchons & Bouchons 19. Herbs de Provence Tea Towel by Torchons & Bouchons 20. How to Be Parisian Wherever You Are: Love, Style, and Bad Habits
'Tis the season for gifting, and here at Lolo French Antiques, we love helping bring the magic of Christmas to your home! Our dreamy 2022 Holiday Gift Guide is sure to fill you with l'esprit de Noël when you imagine the sparkling eyes and oohs and ahhs of your loved ones as they find something French and fabulous under the tree on Christmas morning. Lolo's jolly elves have gathered a selection of unique and interesting gifts to suit every person on your list, so come along with us on a festive quest for the perfect gifts that are sure to bring magical moments!
1. 19th Century French Louis Philippe Style White Painted Four-Drawer Commode 2. 19th Century French Spelter Table Lamp Stags Under Tree with Shade 3. Fine Mid-20th Century Maison Jansen French Louis XVI Style Ebonized Bureau Plat or Desk 4. 18th Century French Louis XVI Period Cherry Lyonnaise Enfilade Buffet 5. Jeannie Luxe Crystal Table Lamp 6. Large 19th Century French Louis Philippe Style Giltwood Mirror with Crest 7. Jeannie Luxe Crystal Table Lamp 8. Italian Sunburst Mirror with 19th Century Painted and Giltwood Fragments 9. 1920s Porte-Jambon or Ham Holder on Marble Base 10. Aux Anysetiers du Roy Herbes de Provence in Stone Crock 11. Maxim's de Paris Fondant Chocolate Scented Votive Candle 12. 19th Century Antique French Hand Blown Glass Garden Cloche 13. Vintage 4-Piece French Stainless Steel and Deer Hoof Carving Set 14. Rare Small 19th Century French Pot de Confit or Confit Pot with Green Glaze and No Handles 15. Grand 18th Century French Directoire Period Walnut Draper's Table with Marquetry Band 16. Mid-19th Century Antique French Cruche Orjol or Water Jug with Rare Green Glaze 17. Rare 19th Century French Confit Pot or Egg Pot with Lid and White Ironstone Glaze 18. 19th Century French Terracotta Tian Bowl with Honey Yellow Glaze 19. 19th Century Spanish Backless Leather and Velvet Louis XIV Style Bench 20. Antique French English Setter Hunting Dog Five Piece Fireplace Tool Set 21. Large Antique 19th Century Spanish Semi-Glazed Terracotta Olive Jar with Green Drips 22. 19th Century Large Open Sided French Boulangerie Willow Baguette Basket 23. 19th Century French Painted Trestle Dining Table 24. Grand 19th Century French Handblown Dark Green Glass Demijohn or Dame Jeanne Bottle 25. Early 19th Century French Empire Period Walnut Longcase Clock with Eight-Day Movement 26. Collection of 9 Early 20th Century Italian Herbiers from Florence, Italy Set in Large 9 Paned White Window Frame 27. 19th Century French Empire Period Walnut and Bookmatched Flaming Walnut Commode with Marble Top
Mother’s Day is just around the corner. In two weeks we’ll be celebrating all the wonderful mothers, mother-in-laws, and mothers-to-be in our lives by letting them know just how much they’re loved and appreciated. Finding the perfect Mother's Day gift that fully shows your love and appreciation might seem more difficult this year. If you’re not quite sure where to start and need a helping hand, take a look at Lolo’s Mother's Day 2021 Gift Guide. It’s full of gift ideas — with a French twist — that are as unique and thoughtful as the important mother figures in your lives. With gifts ranging from inexpensive to luxe that will both surprise and delight, we hope to make your job of selecting the perfect present easy breezy. Our 20 picks include gifts for every mom — from green thumb gardeners to gourmand goddessess, and even the wonder women who already seem to have it all.
1. Large 18th Century Rustic Country French Cutting Board or Chopping Block with Well 2. Early 20th Century French Country Guillotine Style Bread Cutter with Board 3. Mini 19th Century French Alsatian Terracotta Kouglof Bundt Cake Mold 4. French Art Deco Period Ladies Mirrored Vanity 5. Faustine 100% Organic Amber Candle by Apis Cera 6. L'Ami Provençal Savon de Marseille - Traditional 7. 19th Century French Rococo Style Red Tortoise Shell and Gilt Bronze Footed Vanity Mirror 8. 19th Century French Terracotta Amphora or Olive Jar with Green and Yellow Glaze 9. 9th Century French Pot de Confit or Confit Pot with Light Green Glaze 10. Champagne Colored Six-Light Murano Chandelier 11. Vintage Mid-Century Modern Italian Lounge Chair and Ottoman 12. Nina's Paris Fete de Versailles Loose Leaf Tea in White Gift Tin, 2.82oz 13. Nina's Paris L'Original Marie Antoinette Loose Leaf Tea Tin, 3.5oz 14. Small 19th Century French Terracotta Biot Pot or Jar 15. Fine 19th Century French Louis XVI Style Mahogany and Fruitwood Tea Table with Removable Tray. 16. Vins de France Tea Towel by Torchons & Bouchons 17. French Jacquard Herbs or Aromates du Jardin Tea Towel by Coucke 18. Herbs de Provence Tea Towel by Torchons & Bouchons 19. French Art Deco Period Bistro or Cafe Table with Marble Top 20. Antique French Painted Iron and Marble Top Bistro or Garden Table
There's something so magical about Christmastime... when treetops are glistening, lords are leaping, and chestnuts are roasting on an open fire. We may not be mixing and a-mingling in large groups this year, but we can still create plenty of magic for ourselves and our families, for no magic lasts longer than that which we create together. 2020 has certainly been frightful, so we're here to help make your holiday season a bit more delightful!
1. Early 20th Century French Louis XVI Style Carved and Painted Hall Tree by Louis Chambry 2. Nina's Paris L'Original Marie Antoinette Loose Leaf Tea Tin, 3.5oz and Nina's Paris Fete de Versailles Loose Leaf Tea in White Gift Tin, 2.82oz 3. 19th Century French Restauration Period Walnut Settee or Bench 4. Les Anis de Flavigny All Natural Lemon Mints and Ravissant Organic Honey and Beeswax Lip Balm by Apis Cera 5. Antique French Louis XIII Style Bleached Oak Normandy Buffet 6. Favols Strawberry Marshmallow Jam, 9.2oz and Favols Apricot Jam with Lavender, 9.2oz 7. Famille Perronneau Maritime Lavender Honey, 4.4oz 8. 1930s French Art Deco Period Walnut Armchair or Lounge Chair 9. Large 9-Light French Painted and Parcel Gilt Two-Tier Chandelier 10. Laguiole Jean Dubost 3-Piece Boxed Cheese and Wine Set 11. Herbs de Provence Tea Towel by Torchons & Bouchons 12. Antique French Louis XVI Style Painted Medallion Back Side Chairs, Set of Four 13. Ambroise Handcrafted French Beeswax Pillar Candles from Provence, Box of 2 and Faustine 100% Organic Amber Candle by Apis Cera and Lucienne Hand Rolled French Beeswax Alter Candles from Provence, Box of 9 14. 18th Century Painted French Louis XVI Period Commode or Chest of Drawers 15. Aux Anysetiers du Roy Dark Chocolate and Pistachio Fondue 16. 19th Century Country French Louis XIII Style Walnut Side Table with Drawers 17. Famille Perronneau Orange and Lemon Honey Sweets 18. Large 20th Century Handmade French Artis Flora Tapestry
Father’s Day 2020 is just around the corner. Only a few days left to find the perfect gifts for dear old dad, grandad, or any other special father figure in your life. Whether he's a genuine classic that can cook and bake or a man that’s game for anything, Lolo French Antiques 2020 Father’s Day Gift Guide has something that’s perfect for every type of dad.
1. Antique Wooden French Hat Molds or Blocks, Set of 3 2. 19th Century French Empire Period Walnut Bibliotheque or Bookcase 3. 19th Century French Cast Iron Clockwork Rotisserie Spit Jack 4. Large Open-Sided French Standing Willow Baguette Basket from Boulangerie 5. Antique French Louis XVI Style Mahogany Bouillotte Side Table 6. 19th Century Country French Louis XIV Style Hall or Window Bench with Storage 7. 19th Century Custom Made Solid Wood French Drafting Table or Architect's Desk 8. Vintage 1970s Italian Leather Club Chair 9. 19th Century French Louis XVI Style Walnut and Cane Porte-parapluie or Umbrella Stand 10. Set of 6 Leather Swivel Bar Stools 11. 19th Century French Tapestries Depicting Life of French Nobility, Set of 4 12. Fine Wax Bust of Franz Liszt by French Sculptor Paul Gaston Deprez, Signed 13. 19th Century Primitive French Walnut Balance Scales 14. French Jacquard Poissons or Fish Tea Towel by Coucke; French Jacquard Le Homard or Lobster Tea Towel by Coucke 15. 19th Century French Louis XVI Style Walnut Bureau Plat or Desk with Leather Top
It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas — parties to host, chestnuts to roast, and so many gifts to buy! We’ve chosen a few of our favorite things to help you check everyone — naughty or nice — off your list this holiday season. Whether you’re shopping for your best gal pals, secret Santa, or that extra special someone, the gifts below will make even the Grinch grin.
1. Families of the Vine: Seasons Among the Winemakers of Southwest France by Michael S. Sanders 2. French Lessons: Adventures with Knife, Fork, and Corkscrew by Peter Mayle 3. La Vie en Rose: Living in France by Suzanne Lowry 4. The French Dog by Rachael Hale 5. Pair of early 1800s terracotta cherub plaques, signed 6. 18th and 19th century French breadboards 7. 1920s porte-jambon on marble base 8. Louis XV style oval bouillotte table 9. Framed antique French oil on canvas of game birds 10. Apis Cera candles, soaps, and lip balms from Provence 11. 19th century French Rococo style red tortoise shell and gilt bronze vanity mirror 12. 19th century Louis XIII style hunting enfilade 13. 1950s French faux tortoise champagne bucket 14. Pair of 1950s Italian lounge chairs by Ezio Longhi for Elam 15. 19th century Baroque style Italian polychrome casapanca 16. Child size bobbin leg chair with rush seat
When this self-described Francophile is not reading or writing about all things French, she's dreaming up charming new ways to showcase Lolo French Antiques et More or traveling to France with Lolo to buy delightful treasures for their store. Mimi, Lolo, and their new French Bulldog, Duke, live in Birmingham, AL.
4300 1st Avenue South
Birmingham, AL 35222
Monday - Friday: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Saturday: 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
CONNECT WITH US
Get the SCOOP
on new shipments,
events, & more