INFORMATION, COLLECTION, USE, & SHARING
Your information allows us to offer you certain products and services, including the use of our website, to fulfill our obligations to you, and to customize your interaction with our company and our website. We generally store your data and transmit it to a third party for processing. However, to the extent we process your data, we do so to serve our legitimate business interests (such as providing you with the opportunity to purchase our goods or services).
- Information You Voluntarily Submit to the Site: We may collect personal information from you such as your name, title, email address, home/work/mobile telephone number, and postal or other physical address. For example, you may voluntarily submit information to the Site by leaving a comment, subscribing to a newsletter, or submitting a contact form. We may use the information we collect from you when you inquire about an item, shipping, purchase products; enter a contest or promotion; respond to a survey or marketing communication; or use certain other Site features in the following ways: To allow us to better serve you in responding to your customer service requests. To quickly process your transactions. To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other Site feature. In addition, we may ask you to create a user profile, which would allow you to create a username and password. We will store the username, but your password will not be visible in our records. If you create a user profile on the Site or leave a comment, certain information may be publicly visible.
- Information We Collect from Others: We may receive information about you from other sources. For example, if you use a third-party software through the Site, they may transfer information to us for fulfillment.
- Automatically-Collected Information: We automatically collect certain information about you and the device with which you access the Site. For example, when you use the Site, we will log your IP address, operating system type, browser type, referring website, pages you viewed, and the dates/times when you accessed the Site. We may also collect information about actions you take when using the Site, such as links clicked.
- Cookies: We may log information using cookies, which are small data files stored on your browser by the Site. We may use both session cookies, which expire when you close your browser, and persistent cookies, which stay on your browser until deleted, to provide you with a more personalized experience on the Site.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION MAY BE USED
We may use the information collected in the following ways:
- To operate and maintain the Site;
- To send you promotional information, such as newsletters. Each email promotion will provide information on how to opt-out of future mailings;
- To send you administrative communications, such as administrative emails, confirmation emails, technical notices, updates on policies, or security alerts;
- To respond to your comments or inquiries;
- To provide you with user support;
- To track and measure advertising on the Site;
- To protect, investigate, and deter against unauthorized or illegal activity.
THIRD-PARTY USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Site may use third-party companies and individuals (such as payment processors, email providers and analytics and security providers) to help us provide services. These third parties have only limited access to your information, may use your information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated to us not to disclose or use your information for other purposes. We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide you with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours and others’ rights, property or safety. At this time, your personal information is not shared with any other third-party applications.
COOKIES & PIXELS
We use “cookies” and “pixels” on our Site. A cookie is a piece of data that helps us improve your access to our Site and identify repeat visitors to our Site. For instance, when we use a cookie to identify you, you would not have to log in a password more than once, thereby saving time while on our Site. Cookies can also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our Site. Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information on our Site.
Users may prevent the setting of cookies by the Site at any time, by using a corresponding setting of your internet browser, and may thus permanently deny the setting of cookies. Furthermore, already set cookies may be deleted at any time via an Internet browser or other software programs. This is possible in all popular Internet browsers. However, if a user deactivates the setting of cookies in an Internet browser, not all functions of our Site may be entirely usable.
Pixels are technological equivalents of cookies. These pixels allow social media sites to track visitors to outside websites so as to tailor messages users see while visiting that social media website. We use these pixels in compliance with the policies of the various social media sites.
From time to time, we may use anonymous data, which does not identify you alone, or when combined with data from other parties. This type of anonymous data may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses. Examples of this anonymous data may include analytics or information collected from cookies. We also may use technology in email messages or newsletters to determine whether messages have been opened and clicked. The information we obtain in this manner enables us to customize the services we offer our website visitors to deliver targeted information and to measure the overall effectiveness of our online content.
Like many website operators, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our site (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics. In addition, we may use third party services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor and analyze this data to better inform our decisions about the products and services we offer.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Lolo French Antiques et More is committed to protecting the Personal Data you share with us. We utilize a combination of industry-standard security technologies, procedures, and organizational measures to help protect your Personal Data from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. When we transfer credit card information over the Internet, we protect it using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology.
We recommend you take every precaution in protecting your Personal Data when you are on the Internet. For example, change your passwords often, use a combination of letters and numbers when creating passwords, and make sure you use a secure browser. If you have any questions about the security of your Personal Data, you can contact us. Our Site and services may provide links to other third-party websites and services which are outside our control and not covered by this policy. We encourage you to review the privacy policies posted on these (and all) sites you visit or services you use.
Lolo French Antiques et More
4300 1st Avenue South
Birmingham, AL 35222
info [at] lolofrenchantiques.com
Last updated: December 2, 2019